Missing you, Rambo!

Rambo - 09 Feb 2019 - 01 Jan 2023

I miss your tail wags, your goofy face.

I miss you pissing all over the house when someone came in.

I miss you barking madly but moving back when the doorbell rang.

And staying alert till the visitor left.

I miss you banging open the door when I was in a meeting.

I miss the touch of your paw when I am eating.

Or the wet nose begging for treats, or a rub.

I miss you taking up so much space on the bed.

And the licks you bestowed in the middle of the night.

I miss you opening the balcony door, the only dog who learnt to do so. 

And letting the mosquitoes in.

I miss you growling at other dogs from the balcony.

I miss you running up for ice cream when I open the freezer door.

How did you guess, from across the flat?

I miss you stealing leftovers from the dustbin.

And looking guilty when caught.

How you learnt to jump on the bed as a little pup.

I miss the way your ears were half-floppy, half-stiff.

And went flat when you were excited, or happy.

I miss your wide, funny smile.

Rambo and Rocky

When I came home.

I miss your brown eyes, filled with an impossible amount of love.

And how you ran up when I opened the treat drawer.

And put your wet nose in.

Your funny whiskers, white on the left and black on the right.

I miss you drooling in the car.

I miss how you fought with Rocky, chewing on his leg, or tail.

And were ready to fight all dogs.

While being scared of humans.

The slow way you made friends.

And how you never forgot a friend.

I miss cleaning your pee and poop.

How you toilet-trained yourself.

And learnt to open doors.

Goofy, fearful, loving, you were our little baby.

You were our baby, and the first to go. 

You said Happy New Year... and went.

And it was the saddest new year.

On the lookout for other dogs to bark at 
I wonder why God chose you. 

Because you were the best.

The most sensitive, the most loving.

Play with Jojo, and wait for me.

On the Rainbow Bridge, we shall be together again.

And I will bring lots of bones for you two.

And we will be together, forever!


Puppy Rambo on his first day home










 



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: Pippa, a rare War movie from Bollywood